In early December, I posted a new poll on my LinkedIn profile page. It raised the question Have you or the company you work for ever hired out work to a freelance graphic designer, studio or agency? While there wasn’t as much participation in this poll as I had hoped for, I was still able to gather some good information from the results.
- Participants from larger business/organization will most likely answer that they have worked with a design studio/agency.
- Participants from smaller business/organizations will be somewhat split: some may have worked with a freelancer, some may have worked with a design studio/agency.
- Most participants will reply that they have never worked with a freelance designer.
- A majority of the respondents, ages 25-34, are women in a management position with a background in sales.
- Half of the participants represent mid-size businesses and have never hired out work to a freelancer, studio or agency.
- One quarter of the participants have hired out work to a design studio or agency in the past.
While the number of the participants in this poll wasn’t as large as I had hoped, it did point out some things worth mentioning and did reflect some of my predictions. I was surprised to find that a majority of participants had never worked with either a freelancer, design studio or larger agency. I wasn’t surprised to find that most of the participants hadn’t worked with a freelance designer, and that makes me wonder why. Is it because these businesses don’t feel comfortable working with a freelancer?, Is it because they’ve never been approached by one?, Did the thought ever cross their mind? Maybe it’s a combination of a variety of reasons.
Keep an eye out in the days ahead for more information about the advantages of working with freelancers as well as the value it can bring to your business.
Poll Results Here